(Episode #4 of 4)
Another GREAT Love Drop everyone!!! We headed out to the Detroit area this month to share your gifts and love with the Aubins, and we were very happy with the way it turned out :)
This Drop was unique in that we were celebrating the continuing gift of life someone gave even after his passing. We had feared that it could get pretty sad, but it ended up being a joyful occasion full of fond memories and happy faces. And at the end we gave them enough money to cover almost three months worth of rent! As well as another special gift you’ll have to watch and learn about – it was our favorite, and theirs too ;)
Thank you all for making this month special! Click here to learn about July’s Drop recipient: Felicity
Total breakdown of all gifts given:
[To check out the pictures, click here.]
- Three months rent! ($3,500) – Our goal was to help pay as much rent as we could for them, and as always our team pulled through! We raised almost exactly three months worth of rent, on top of a whole BUNCH of other gifts we’re about to list off ;) Good work guys!!
- A bench in honor of their dad, Keith Aubin We wanted to celebrate Keith’s life in a way that was both respectful and long-lasting, and one of our team members came up the idea of dedicating a bench in his honor to be placed in a local park. We ran with it, and the Aubins absolutely LOVED it :)
- A Detroit Red Wings Package! – The Detroit Red Wings generously donated 4 tickets to an upcoming pre-season game, as well as some stickers and towels from the team. Awesome!!
- Family tickets to watch a baseball game – From our long standing partner, Goldstar.com, who is all about getting families outside and enjoying quality time together.
- Tickets to the Henry Ford Museum Thanks Henry Ford!
- Pair of lift tickets – To enjoy Mt. Brighton Ski Resort! Thanks!
- A bowling party – Courtesy of a local area bowling alley – Pinz! (Games, food, and sodas!)
- Two bags of Mary Kay – To help pamper the ladies of the family ;) (Thanks Shannon)
- $100 Visa gift card – To help Sheila get some new clothes or supplies for her new job she got two weeks ago! Woohoo! Congrats Sheila!
- $50 Amazon card – For the family to share (thx Emmy!)
- $50 eBay card For the family to get something fun (thx again, Emmy :))
- $20 gift card – To enjoy some food at Buddy’s Restaurant Pizzeria (Thx guys!)
- Some art supplies – For Danielle, as we heard she likes to draw (Thanks Diane)
- 6 months of meal plans courtesy of MealPlanRescue.com (Thanks for always participating!)
- 6 months of coaching services from JRRSEHopeCoaching.com – Solutions for midlife parents, troubled teens, single moms & career challenges.
- Computer lessons from Brandon (thx man!)
- And a photo book to capture the entire Drop’s celebrations. You rock GroupStory
We did it again guys! Way to go :) Special thanks to team members Sarah Baldry and Mike St. Pierre for all their help in making this Drop successful, and to Jami Carlson Photography for capturing the day’s events – the pictures are brilliant :)