It was a success!
We did it guys! Jill’s family was beyond excited, and it was all because of YOU! Every last dollar and gift and everything else y’all sent over helped make a positive impact on her family this month.
It was such an incredible experience in every way, and we want to thank you all not only for giving so generously of your time and gifts, but also for allowing us to be a part of telling the story. We can’t wait for next month!
- Nate & J$
PS: For the extended “behind the scenes” video, click here.
Here is everything our community brought them:
- $2,244.78 Check! Love Drop’s very first one!!! (The number’s a bit off from the check you see above due to bad guestimation on our behalf. We did our first Drop a week before the month ended, and were a bit new at how it all would work ;) We came close though!)
- $100 worth of restaurant gift cards!
- $50 gift card to Bath and Body Works (Thx Sara!)
- Target gift card
- Amex gift card
- Family 4-pack of tickets to watch the Bulls! Really really good seats too ;) Courtesy of our friends at Goldstar.com who wants everyone to “get out more.” (Indeed!)
- Two Bears jerseys for the boys – Which was timely because the HUGE Bears vs. Packers NFC Championship game was literally the next day :)
- iPod Shuffle – Courtesy of USAA (Thx guys!)
- Box of scrapbooking supplies – Sent in from Love Drop member, Diane, who is a Creative Memories consultant who sells scrapbooking supplies. She mailed a box full of everything Jasmine needed to get started – albums, pages, adhesives, papers, pens, stickers, trimmers, etc. Amazing!! (And heavy!)
- Box full of girl stuff for Jasmine – Full of all kinds of makeup, perfume, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Mailed by our good friend Bria! You rock, girl.
- Hand-made earrings and pendants! – From designer, Christine, who also sent along a signed copy of her book, “Making Mixed Media Art Charms & Jewelry” – Thx Christine!
- Hand-made scarves AND a backpack! – Scarves for Jill and the two boys, and the backpack for Jasmin :) Crafted by Ducky Bumpkins of Happy Knits.
- Jewelry box & earrings – More gifts for Jasmine
- Hand-made Hat & scarf (red) – Thanks Karen & Jeannine!
- More hand-made wintery stuff – Thanks Jacqueline
- Hand-picked toys for each child from Cute-Stuffs.com
Even AFTER the Drop, people STILL continued (and continue!) to send gifts over to the family! Check out their most recent stuff:
- U-Haul full of stuff!! – Charity and her family DROVE down a U-Haul full of stuff for the Markussens which included bikes, kitchenware, and even a TV I think? How wonderful is that? All the way down from Grand Rapids, Michigan. WOW.
- A box of stuff from Hawaii! – A few bake ware dishes, , blender, slow cooker, and a handful of other things from a faraway Kara! That is awesome.
- A DVD player — Courtesy of Aldo who joined Love Drop a month or two after the Drop :)
- And another box of scrapbooking supplies! Thanks to long-time member Jacque.
Big thanks also goes out to Kona Grill for believing in us, and providing the after-party location. Truly amazing the amount of support and community this team brought for Jill & her family. Just incredible. THANK YOU to all who participated!